Search This Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Survival Tea

My friend Gat and I are on a road trip. It is always an adventure when we get together and this time is no exception.  Hotels are nice.  I like complementary breakfast, and I like that they have coffee makers in the rooms.  I love in house wifi. I don't drink coffee. I drink tea and sometimes I really need a cup of tea.

Gat and I spent a day shopping and trying local eateries, but when we got back to the room I was dying for a cup of tea. I had picked up some lovely tea at a local tea and wine bar and it was chanting my name. Cha-cha-ing over to the coffee maker I fill it full of water.  A coffee machine is just a vehicle for hot water and loose leaf tea is a common friend to hot water.

Filling the pot full of water, I realized that there were not filters on the counter with the other complementary  coffee items.  Plenty of cups, plenty of sugar and cream, just no filters.  It seems that the coffee comes in its own filter much like a tea bag. I refuse to despair.

Summoning my survival skills, I crafted a filter out of paper towel.  I would like to tell you that it went well.  In fact I would like to tell you that it was a simple super easy solution to a minor inconvenience.  It sort of worked. The paper towel didn't quite work. In fact the paper towel mostly dissolved and the tea overflowed onto the counter and missed the majority of the pot.  The amount that ended up in the pot was about one cup.   What was not on the counter or down the sink ended up in my cup, and I got my cup of tea.

It was not perfect, but it was a cup of tea.  So I consider it a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment