Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Bad Machinery

A Review: Bad Machinery

My stack of comic to read has been overflowing for a while now, and I decided to do something about it.  In the deep abyss of things I should read, I found Bad Machinery Volume 1: The Case of Team Spirit by John Allison.  This is published by Oni and can be found at your local comic shop or at least ordered by them if they don't have it in stock.  This is one of those comics that my husband picked up for me, thinking that I would like it.

He was wrong.  I don't like it. I love it.  It cracked me up laughing several times.  The story flow is fun and inviting.  There are jokes that adults can appreciate, but not so over the top that I would feel uncomfortable having my niece read it. In fact, if my niece did read it, I could see me ending up with more than one wet leaf in my pocket. (Hailey, I do not want a wet leaf in my pocket. This not an invite to put wet leaves places.)

If you are looking for a series that is off beat, fun and has nothing to do with super heroes, you might want to check this out. This is definitely a book worth giving, and a fun read to pass an afternoon with.

No comments:

Post a Comment