Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Faceless Angel

When my friend, Barbie was thanking her bridesmaids, she had given each of them a lovely Willow Tree Angel Figurine. She had put a lot of thought in to each of the girls and found a figurine that made her think of them as an individual.  I know this, because I got one of those figurines.  I had received an angel that was holding a lovely green tea pot.  I am a huge tea drinker, even if I am not much of an angel.  It was a lovely thoughtful gift, and I was happy to be there for her through the entire wedding process. 

I want to state right now, that I did like the figurine, because of the sentiment behind it, but on a whole the Willow Tree figures kind of creep me out, because they don't have faces.  It is kind of like that Dr. Who episode where they lose their faces in the television. (Season 2 Episode 7 David Tennant for those that Whovians out there.)  Or even the Faceless Old Woman that secretly lives in your home.  (Yes, I listen to NightVale. It has ruined me in all the best ways.) 

It was an accident, but I didn't want to throw the figurine away. There was a moment with the vacuum where I was being lazy and trying to unkink the cord by shaking it out. That was a bad idea. The cord flicked onto the display case and knocked the figurine down to the ground. Gravity did what it does when presented with an opportunity and knocked the teapot, hands and head right off. I put the hands and teapot away to a safe place and set the head where her hands where to remind me to fix it.  I really need to write down where my safe places are, because I have no idea where I put the hands and teapot.  

I almost want to say that I would lose my head if it wasn't attached, but that was the only thing that I didn't lose. Out of a household vote, and because I refuse to get rid of the faceless angel, because I the sentiment, the head got glued back on. I don't know if the term "head in her hands" applies, but I now have a quirky figurine that reminds me of the unique relationship with a dear friend.  I can certainly say that cleaning is the reason why I can't have nice things. 


Did you know there's a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It's true. She's there now. She's always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.— Cecil




No comments:

Post a Comment