Search This Blog

Monday, November 11, 2019

Potato Omen

Are potatoes a bad omen?

Saturday afternoon, a mysterious bag of potatoes was found in the vestibule. There was no note and no other mail.  Just a bag five pound red mesh bag full for fingerling potatoes.  Immediately I checked my phone to see if I had missed messages.  Nothing.

The question remains, what does a bag of potatoes mean?  I don’t think it is quite like horse heads on doorsteps, but somehow I don’t think it is like a cat leaving you dead animals as presents. 

My husband is convinced that when life gives you potatoes, you make soup out of them.  He is also convinced that this sounds like something my family would do.  I have no proof that this potato gifter was from the family, or a random hit.

Then it had me wondering, that if a Vegan were to send a death threat, would they use a potato?  After all potatoes are poisonous if consumed uncooked.  This might be an attempt at poisoning prevented by potato soup. 


No comments:

Post a Comment