Search This Blog

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Carving Pumpkins

Happy Anniversary

Every year my husband and I re-enact our official first date of carving pumpkins.  It has been 15 years about carving pumpkins.  This year might be the best pumpkin year yet. 

This is one of those traditions that makes me smile every year. I love picking out pumpkins, and the time Jon and I take to sit down and chat as we scoop out pumpkin guts.  The hardest part of carving pumpkins is trying to figure out what sort of face the pumpkin should sport.  To pick a face for a pumpkin, you have to review the shape of the pumpkin taking note of the natural dents and grooves.  This can make or break a design.  If all else fails, Pinterest is a great place to gather ideas and stencils normally come with any carving kit.   

Do you have any traditions that you forward to all year long?

No comments:

Post a Comment