Search This Blog

Thursday, November 7, 2019

Genuine Emotions

As it creeps closer and closer to the gift giving holidays, I am reminded that gifts should be given with thought and care.  I realized that while I could easily find a gift on Etsy or Amazon for my brother, it would mean more if  I took the time to find something truly unique. Gifts with thought behind them make a bigger impact.

I want to find the perfect gift that make my brother’s brain scream.  I think I found the perfect venue to find the perfect bit of nightmare fuel, I mean gift for my brother.  That venue would be my local antique market.  I think that if he opened a box with any of the items below, that he is going to show a genuine emotion and the holidays are all about genuine emotions.

Option 1:  Everyone needs a little bit of seasoning in their life. I think this classic salt and pepper shaker bring about certain feelings.  At the moment the feeling of shaking my head in wonder, but if that is what I feel about them, I can only imagine the WTF feeling my brother would have if he unwrapped them.


Option 2: A doll that may or may not try to suck your soul out in the middle of the night.  Every house needs a creepy doll or two.  Also, I think I can guarantee that my brother would never expect this in a million years. So, that is another win. 



Option 3:  Giving my brother the bird for Christmas.  Okay, I think that I would be able to impress him if I were able to find a box to fit the ostrich in. It isn't the size of the bird that counts, but the thought behind it.  


Option 4: The Salt Water Taffy Barrel.  I am sure that this little bitty clown would be a welcome addition to the home and bring cheer for years to come. Right?  I am sure that my sister in law would surely forgive me for one small clown instead of getting a much larger and imposing clown to bring joy and laughter to her home, right? 


All of a sudden I am feeling much more optimistic about the holidays.  I sometimes wish there were duplicates of these wonderful gifts, because I think the look of shock and possibly awe could apply to more than one special individual in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment