Search This Blog

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Touring Troegs

I love factory tours.  I think they are interesting and fun. And often times they have free samples at the end. (I don’t really care about the free samples, but it is nice.) This year for Gat’s birthday, we took a tour of Troegs Brewery.  The brewery tour was only $5 and was totally worth it.


Here are a few of the highlights from the tour:

  • They have an art contest every year for their gallery.  Prize is $500. (I want to do this, somehow)
  •  They work with local farmers. (The Dear Peter story has forever made me look at apricots differently.)
  •  Their full time employees get a case with their paycheck. (Totally awesome.)
  •  Caramel malt can not be mistaken as trail mix. (And the chocolate malt is a lie. There is no chocolate involved, it is describing a color not a flavor.)

Gat and I learned a fair bit about beer.  We tried some samples and took a look at the fancy machinery. It was pretty neat to look at everything, and in the event of the world ending, it is certainly a place to take refuge.  If you ever find yourself in the vicinity of Hershey, PA I would recommend to check out Troegs and grab a bite to eat.  The duck confit and poutine is amazing and the bear will put a smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment