Search This Blog

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Ugly Quilt

I had the brilliant idea to make quilts for my brother and his family. The quilt for my brother looks like pop culture vomited. Of course my brother loves it. 

His kids have described it as “manly” and “beer” and “warm”.   I think they are being kind. 


In case you were wondering this master piece of madness has fabric containing the following:
  • Jaws
  • Star Wars
  • Beer
  • Tacos
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • Skeletons 
  • Walking Dead
  • E.T.
  • Fighting Robots
  • Tattoos
  • Blood Splatters
  • Silver Screen Monsters
My least favorite fabric is still E.T. He looks like a deformed potato and incredibly hard to match fabric to.  The longer you look at the fabric with his face on it, the weirder and uglier he looks.  By far my favorite fabric is Silver Screen Monsters.  I love old movies and so does my brother, so when I saw the fabric I immediately thought of him.  Despite the fact that some of the fabric used was just plain ugly, I had a lot of fun hunting for fabric and coming up with a pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment