Search This Blog

Sunday, April 19, 2020

The To-Do List

It isn’t a surprise to most people that I like to travel.  The  reason I like to travel is that I am normally spending time with people that are important to me.  With the current climate of unease, it is not healthy to travel and it is recommended to avoid people to slow the spread of infection. Physical distancing does not mean social isolation, even though it can feel like it.  Just like when I was a kid and we would tell stories around the camp fire to make the darkness of the woods less scary, I think that sharing stories might make this time of darkness a little lighter. 


The To-Do List

Several years back I was cat watching for my grandparents while they were on vacation.  When I watch the cat (Stella- who hates me), I try to spend a couple hours in the house, so that Stella doesn’t feel abandoned.  Normally I putz around the house or sit and read so that she can have some company for a bit. 
The one time I was there I noticed a to do list on the fridge. It was clearly written by my grandmother.  I had to laugh, because it looked like my grandfather may have added something to the top of the list in black.



It looks like to me that on the top of my Grandfathers to-do list was eat the tomatoes. This made me laugh, because I could picture in my head my grandmother getting on my grandfathers case about not doing the gardening and he is sitting there eating tomatoes, telling her that he is following the list. It is one of those things that after 50 years of being married, they still find creative ways to annoy each other.  My grandparents are an inspiration. I can only hope to annoy my husband for as long as they have annoyed each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment