Search This Blog

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Be a Calm Iggins

These are interesting times that we live in. I was listening the public radio on the way to work before I became part of the work from home force, and the radio host talked about the importance of being calm. The abbreviated version was that keeping a calm head will keep you safer. Then my brain leapt immediately to “Fear is the mind killer” and then jumped to the time that Iggins was startled and ran directly into a wall.  I do not want to be an Iggins running into walls.  However, I know that it is not easy to keeps a calm out look.  Some people go for distractions, such as binge watching movies until it is over and others are using this time to learn new skills.  I am a list person, so my distraction tends to come in lists and completing them.  Good things come in multiples of threes.

Things that I have learned:

  1. I still hate grape juice
  2. Trying something on Pinterest does not equate automatic success
  3. Date Bread does not taste the way you think it would.  
Things that I am grateful for:
  1. Postage Stamps
  2. Fabric Hoarding
  3. Fluffy Socks
Things that distract me:
    1.  Things We Do in the Shadows (television show)
    2.  My husband and his need for new records
    3.  Family 

What are some things that you have learned, you are grateful for and distract you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment