Search This Blog

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Cast Role Call

Turning books into movies is a thing that happens all the time.  Books are used as original source material and it has spawned cinematic classics, family favorite and a ton of bad adaptations.  One of my favorite books, American Gods by Neil Gaiman was just adapted into a mini series.  I think the casting is spot on.  The actor that plays Mr. Wednesday makes me want to go reread the book.

Austin the cat is all cats. 
When a book you love is turned into a mini series, it can spark conversation of what other books would be fun movie adaptations or at the very least a mini series. One of favorite just for fun, need a good laugh books I like to reread in the bathtub is Summon the Keeper by Tanya Huff. This has been a book that I have bought for friends to share the love and the chuckles and is one of my frequently gifted books.   I think Summon the Keeper would be a fun 8 part mini series that would be one of those fun summer specials.  

My friend, Faye and I were having a discussion on who we would think would be awesome casting if we could cast whom ever we wanted in Summon the Keeper.  I challenged her for her cast list, since we were having a difference of opinion.  Here is my cast for Summon the Keeper.   
Cast List:

Claire -  Anna Hathaway
Dean - Steven Amell
Augustus Smythe - Martin Short
Austin (voice) -  Benedict Cumberbatch (If he can play a dragon, then a cat is a piece of cake.)
Jacques - Nathan Fillion
Voices of Hell - Bret McKenzie & Jermaine Clement
Mrs. Abrams - Carol Kane
Sara- Annie Potts
Diana - Ellen Page
Martha- Kate Winslet
Sasha- Helena Bonham Carter
Ron & Reg (twins)- Chris Pine & Chris Pratt*
Hermes- Simon Pegg
Zeus- Chevy Chase
Hera- Andrea Martin
Hades-  Ian McKellan
Persephone-  Una Stubbs
Amphitrite-  Wanda Ventham
Poseidon- Michael Gambon
Dytie - Lainie Kazan
Hephaestus - Brian Doyle Murray
Professor Jackson- Rhys Darby


Now that I have completed my cast list, I have to chuckle.  I feel like this is one of those trivia lists and Faye is going to pull her hair out trying to remember where she has seen some of these names before.  I can't wait to see what she comes up with as a cast list.   If you have a favorite book, or even a book that you would loved to see made into a movie or mini series, what would it be?  


*Yes, I know that Chris Pine and Chris Pratt are not twins and not interchanageable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment