Search This Blog

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Tarantula


Tarantula by Alexis Ziritt, Fabian Rangel Jr. and Evelyn Rangel  is probably one of the weirdest graphic novels I have read in a long time.  I feel like I am acid trip episode of Lucha Libre.  The art is trippy and with each page I turn, I can practically hear the dramatic music that accompanies Mexican soap operas. 

You brief story line, with limited spoilers is that you are following the main character, Tarantula though her detective case.  The case she is on is bigger than anticipated and allies herself with capable individuals to solve the case.  Lots of twist and turns happen before the conclusion and in the end the day is saved. 

This comic is not going to everyone's cup of tea. I am not saying that this comic is terrible.  It isn't.  If you are looking for something that takes itself super serious, this is not going to flip any switches for you.  Tarantula has all the fun of an Adam West Batman episode with just enough Spanish to make me feel good about the three years high school Spanish I don't use. I would recommend this if you are looking for something fun to read that doesn't take itself too seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment