Search This Blog

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Spawning Gift


In the search for awesome patches for my husbands battle jacket , we have run across a wide variety of patches.   I could easily go broke trying to buy everything that caught my eye. Not every single cool patch out there is destined for his jacket, but some of them are just too unique to pass up.  I have found that Etsy has become a dangerous thing for me to explore.  The important thing when looking at patches is to have a purpose for it.  A patch does no good sitting in a drawer.
The influx of cool patches out  there and the rapidly decreasing room on the battle jacket inspired me for my friend Lizzy's celebration of spawning gift.   (I am talking about baby shower.) I prefer to gift something homemade or heartfelt that has a unique blend of personality and usefulness.  You can not clothe a boy child in patches, but you can put cool patches on his clothes, which is almost the same thing. 
Armed with golden advice that children grow, and it is okay to gift something they won't need right away, I pillaged a local clothier for plain polos for mini humans.  I was in luck as there was a holiday sale, and purchased several basic colors. I then proceeded to search for the best patches that would reflect personality and humor of the recipient. The one thing you want to keep in mind with any patch project is the size of the patch versus the size of the object it is going on. There were several patches that I loved that were simply too big and had to be filed away for a future project. Deciding on which patch to get was the hardest part. 

I highly recommend this gift idea.  It is relatively simple if you know how to use and iron and sew, and also completely customizable to the intended party.  Just remember that Etsy is a dangerous place, and it is easy to find really unique patches.

No comments:

Post a Comment