Search This Blog

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Thank You 1st Grade!

My friend Faye, once again called on me to assist with her class.  This time it was 1st Graders and practicing letters and spelling was the goal and they were going to write letters to a pen pal.  I get to be that pen pal. 

I have to admit that I love it when she does this writing exercise with her classes.  It is always amusing to see what is interesting to a six or seven year old.  I had a good chuckle over questions on if I wore makeup and if I like horror movies and what sort of toys I liked. In some ways it feels a lot like speed dating, where you bullet point the things that are important to you.  I have come to realize that pizza topping and ice cream flavors are very important.  (Also super amazed over the kid that says asparagus is his favorite food.)


I feel that any way to encourage a child to learn and ask questions is a wonderful thing to pursue.  I remember when I was in grade school that I had a pen pal out of state and it was a delight to write back and forth over our likes and dislikes.  The learning benefits of such a tasks  enriches the reader and the writer.  Thank you 1st Grade for your efforts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment