Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Blueberry Buckle

Why is it called a "Buckle"?  That is the question my husband had for me when tasting the latest Pinterest experiment. It has been a long tradition for me that when I work a Saturday, I bring breakfast in and I let one of my coworkers pick what they want for breakfast.  I think that if given the choice most people would rather not work on a Saturday.  Having something good to eat makes the pain of having to work on a Saturday a little more bearable.

Some Saturdays I make quiche, burritos and sometimes even snowman pancakes.  This latest Saturday that I worked, one of my coworkers requested blueberry muffins.  I will admit that I hate my muffin tin.  The way that I want things to turn out and the way that they do turn out are often times on opposite ends of the spectrum.  However, it was the mighty Pinterest to the rescue. Blueberry Buckle from Just A Pinch Recipes is just like a blueberry muffin, with out the muffin liner. The body is nice and moist and there is a crumble top that I could happily pick at.

Not all of my Pinterest experiments are excellent. (Yes, I am talking about you American Goulash, no hard feelings.) I was exceedingly pleased that this one turned out well and can double as a coffee cake in a pinch.  The only hiccup in the entire process was not knowing what size pan to use.  I used a 9 x 5 pan and ended up with the buckle in the over about ten minutes longer than the suggested cook time, because it  did not pass the tooth pick test.  There is also the possibility that my oven is old and temperatures may vary.  In the end it didn't really matter that much, because the finished products was delicious. It made my morning cup of tea a delight and provided smiles and satisfied stomachs to my coworkers.  The only thing left is to try and find out why it is called a buckle and not a belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment