Search This Blog

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Round 2: A Better Review

I am terrible at leaving Etsy reviews.  When I sit down to write a review my brain goes utterly blank. Then about a week later, inspiration will have struck and it is too late.  This is the unfortunate case of what happened with my last review. 

Recently I purchased some lovely soy sauce dishes from CeramaicsbyHitomi.  When it came time to write the review, I said something bland and it didn’t truly give a great description of the products I received.  I just used my purchase and thought that I should take the time to write a better review and give a little more back story as to why I was even looking for the dishes. Let’s call this my Ground Hog’s Day review do over. (I know it isn’t Ground Hogs Day, but we are close.)

I had been searching for some replacement soy sauce dishes for a while. I know it is not the intended purpose, but I find that soy sauce dishes are the perfect size dish for serving canned cat food to my spoiled rotten cats.  My cats get canned food as a treat and because they are a little round and the rear I portion control what I give them. Soy sauce dishes give them the right amount without it getting all over the place.  

I stumbled upon CeramicsbyHitomi by accident.  I was looking for a gift for my best friends birthday when the ceramics shop came up as a suggestion. It was love at first sight.  I loved the bright orange and the grey spots on the set of soy sauce dishes.  It is almost as if some one took two of my favorite colors and made something beautiful out of them.   

The entire process with the purchase was seamless.  The shop owner contacted me to verify I had received my purchase and that it arrived in  one piece. They are not perfect pieces.  If you know anything about pottery and glazing, they can be snags and pulls in the glaze that can ruin the beauty of the piece.  There are a couple of imperfections in the piece, that were notated by the creator, however the small pulls in the glaze don’t distract from the beauty and functionality of the dishes. 


One of the things that I look at when I purchase from any one on Etsy, is if I would purchase the item again.  I would whole heartedly agree to purchasing additional items from CeramicsbyHitomi.  They are exactly as described in honest detail, they arrive in a reasonable amount of time and the vendor is an absolute joy to work with.   If you are looking for something unique, functional and beautiful, check out CeramicsbyHitomi. 

No comments:

Post a Comment