Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Arnie the Armadillo


His name is Arnie, and he is an armadillo.  He is my new cuddle friend. 

I will admit that I sleep with a stuffed animal.  It is comfortable to have something tucked under my arm.  I read some where that it was healthier and you will get a more restful sleep if you have your arms slightly elevated. It was recommended the use of pillows to elevate the arms in a relaxed stance.  I just want to state that pillows and stuffed animals are made out of the same thing. It is only logical to use something that reflects your personality and style while still getting the job done.  Why use a pillow, when you can have a stuffed animal?

I don't think you ever reach an age where stuffed animals aren't something to bring a smile to the face. While I was on vacation, my husband and I stopped by a speciality toy store on a whim.  They had a zoo's variety of stuffed animals and a charming young salesmen around the same age as my youngest niece stocking the shelves.  While my  husband and I were exploring the shelves of all the unique animals, the savvy young sales lad talked to us about Fennec Foxes and Red Panda's and how they are "really cool."  I loved the enthusiasm he had about his favorite stuffed animals, and while I didn't end up taking a fox or panda home, the whole experience made me smile.  I love the way people light up from the inside when they are talking about one of their favorite things.  You could tell that the Fennec Foxes and Red Panda's were his favorite out of all the stuffed animals there by the way he talked about them.  It made me want to change my mind on my selection or at the very least add an extra friend to the basket. There is something wonderful about finding a new stuffed friend.  You are never too old to enjoy stuffed animals.



No comments:

Post a Comment