Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Savoring Conversations


I love having conversations with my father. Having a conversation with my father at times is like waiting for a comedian to deliver a punch line.  I never know where the conversation is going to go, and it always leaves me laughing and sometimes banging my head on a hard surface.

Dad: I wanted pancakes for dinner but I wanted them savory.  More dinner like, less breakfast like,
Me: Did you put bacon or sausage in it?
Dad: Nah, I had pepper jack cheese and put about half a cup in the batter.
Me: Pepper Jack Cheese?
Dad: Yep, I didn't want it too spicy just wanted it savory.
Me: How did that turn out? 
Dad: It wasn't  that bad. The pepper jack was really subtle and you could hardly taste it.
Me: I could see how that would work some what.  I am thinking cheddar bay biscuits.  Pancakes have all the same components. 
Dad: I think that if I do it again I won't use cinnamon pancake mix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment