Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2021

Bread Ape

  I am sure that you have heard the old saying “Some people make bread. And some people bake apes.” I think that I might fall into the later category.  I also may have made that saying up.  No one bakes apes.

My friend Tanya gave me a bread starter. It is kind of like a tamagotchi. Occasionally I need to feed it and take it out for a walk and sometimes even make bread out of it.  This is my first attempt at turning a tamagotchi into bread. 




I am pretty sure I made an ape. I don’t think that bread is supposed to look like this. A yeasty, warm bread ape. I am currently letting it cool, before I chop its face open.  


I don’t know if this counts a bread win, but I tried. That counts for something, right?

1 comment:

  1. How was it? It looks good but like a very dense loaf that maybe a second rising would have helped. Those starters don't have a lot of oompf in them! Although the heavier loaves are just as tasty, and probably more filling!

    ReplyDelete