Search This Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2020

Home for a Wayward Woman

 Wayward Woman

If a woman walked up to you on the street, asking for help, would you take her home and try and help her? 


The way I see it there are two answers.

A: Take her home and try to find help.

B: Pat her on the head and wish her luck. 


Jon and I took option A  and have discovered that numerous neighbors took option B.  I can’t tell if my neighbors are monsters or if Jon and I are suckers. 


Meet Nami. Short for Nonami.


She walked up to as we were on a stroll around the block.  Literally walked right up to me. She was super friendly and looked similar to a missing cat posters we saw around the neighborhood.  Jon and I could not leave her on the street, so we took her home and tried to find her owners.  I know that if one of my boys went missing I would be frantic with worry and furious if someone some them on the street and didn’t try to bring them home.


Despite the number of missing cat posters in the neighborhood, she was not the cat in question. No one wanted to claim this wayward kitty. Posting on social media and several pet finding site, we were able to discover the sad truth of her story. It seems that someone moved into an apartment that didn’t allow for cats, so they let her free. 


It wasn’t my plan to get a third cat. In fact anything over two cats can seem like the beginning of a crazy cat lady; however if video games have taught me anything is that if a cat walks up to you and gives you a quest, you take the quest. 


This quest involves giving Nami a happy life. Welcome to the to the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment