Search This Blog

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Christmas Cake



One of the things that I enjoy about the holidays is spending time with people that I care about.  I am not the sort of person that enjoys sitting around, but rather having a project or purpose. This year my mother in law and I took on a challenge of making a special cake for Christmas. 

The cake covered all the family favorites, and stretched the comfort zone of my baking skills. (Anytime I have to use a spring form pan, I get a little nervous.)The delectable delight that was on the menu was a moist carrot cake with a rich and creamy cheesecake center covered in sweet buttercream icing and sprinkled with chopped nuts.  The cake could have turned out terrible, and it wouldn't have mattered.  I had fun hanging out with my mother in law while we caught up on family events. It also didn't hurt that we had to lick the beaters for the butter cream icing. 

Many cups of tea and several ounces of cream cheese later, we had a beautiful and delicious cake. I have come to the conclusion that baking is alway more enjoyable when you have good company.  Everything is sweeter with family.
                                           
If you are interested in making your own carrot cake with cheesecake filling,  check out this recipe  by wickedgoodkitchen,  it is similar to the one that we made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment