Search This Blog

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Burrito Pillow Case

Not your typical burrito!
Purple & Green pillow case!
Every now and then I go through my Pinterest list and try something new.  I have recently taken up the hobby of sewing and my Pinterest additions have certainly reflected the new hobby.  My mother in law as an early Christmas present gifted me a lovely sewing machine that has more stitches then I know what to do with. (I am pretty excited to try everything.)  To break in the new machine, I decided I would attempt to make French Cuffed Pillow Case and cross something off of my Pinterest list.

I pulled the pattern for the pillow cases from https://www.makeit-loveit.com and then cross referenced it with a lovely blog on the same thing https://blog.treasurie.com . (I have found it prudent to cross reference before adventures, it prevents obvious missteps.) Both of the sites referenced a burrito method for making the pillowcases. Reading through the steps, I have to admit I was a little intimidated. Most patterns require you to do something inside out and backwards. Making a burrito is something that I do for breakfast or occasionally dinner, but never in sewing. 

Pillow Case folded in half. Success!
Love the new machine!
First, I would like to say that the sewing machine is a champ. Something that I would normally be re threading the needle for possibly a dozen times, was smooth sailing. Second... Who wants pillow cases?  I might be a burrito convert. All my quilts might end up with a matching pillow case, since this was probably one of the easiest patterns I have ever done, and it looked good.  I am excited to make more pillow cases and possibly fancy them up with a couple of awesome stitches the new sewing machine can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment