Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Awesome

Have you ever read a book that with a turn of the page it can take you from laughing uncontrollably to sobbing your heart out and still make you want to turn the page? I just finished reading Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson and I wish I could buy everyone copy. If I had a spirit animal, I am pretty sure it would be Jenny, because she makes me want embrace the sharp jagged pieces of my self in a loving embrace and be happy with them, because they are mine.   The sheer amount of bravery it takes to open up about the depression and how it is a sickness that not only affects you as an individual but also those that are closest to you and the way the rest  of the world sees you  is heroic. 

Each chapter in the book is Shakespeare.  It is either a comedy or a tragedy and full of made up words that are now commonplace.   There are some chapters that make question whether or not taxidermy would fit in my decor  or if it is one of those arts that I can appreciate in some one else's house.  There are other chapters that make appreciate my husband and the idiotic conversations we engage each other it, because being dumb with each is half the fun of being married.  If I had to sum of Furiously Happy, I would say that it has heart and so few books touch mine the way this one did. It reminded me to embrace the adventures I go on and own them, because there are no do overs and appreciate those that give your life character.  Sometimes I need that reminder that quitting isn't going to solve anything and that it is okay to be weird.  Weird is some one else's normal. 

"Quitting might be easier, but it wouldn't be better."
 - Jenny & Victor

1 comment: