Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Pizza Chicken - A Compromise

The Year of the Pizza Chicken

Sometimes dinner takes a little bit of creative compromise.   

Me: What do you want for dinner Christmas Eve?

Jon: 🍕

Me: We are not having pizza.

Jon: 😢

Me: Beef, Chicken or Pork?

Jon: 🐔

Jon: ...🍕🐔

Me: I’ll figure it out.

And this is why I have Pinterest.  I found the perfect combination of Pizza and Chicken that would look good on Christmas Eve dinner plate.  The recipe by Simply Stacie was wonderful to follow.  

My husband took the lead on the prepping the chicken by pounding it flat and then rolling it with the stuffing.  Simply put, the Chicken is laid flat and then filled with a combination of red sauce, pepperoni and cheese. It is then rolled and then topped with more sauce pepperoni and cheese. The cheese rolled into the sauce prevents the chicken from being dry and the pepperoni adds a savoriness to the chicken.  The chicken went nicely with garlic rice and sautéed spinach and carrots.  It was the perfect meal for a semi fancy meal. 



In honestly it was one of the simplest recipes I have ever done, since all I did was the filling and turn the oven on. In fact two out of three people at the table seemed to love the recipe and mentioned that they wouldn’t mind eating it again, which I consider a win for a holiday experiemnt.  If you are looking for something different to fix that leave you with a flavorful moist chicken, I would recommend Pizza Stuffed Chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment