Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

My Best Friend's Exorcism

My Best Friends Exorcism

If there was ever a bathtub book, My Best Friend's Exorcism by Grady Hendrix would be it. This is a book that was bought for my mother in law and then later borrowed by me, because it sounds really good.  One of my favorite modes of relaxation is to sit in a hot bath, with the music playing in the back ground, and read.   If the book is good enough, and the water is hot enough, you can sit there and feel all the tension slowly melt away in the salty scented swirling water.  I was a prune when I got to the halfway point of the book.

My Best Friend's Exorcism  is a cross between nostalgic sweetness and a train wreck that you can't look away from.  It is a young adult novel that takes you on a journey of unexpected proportions and you can feel yourself growing with the characters. It is oddly fascinating how well the 80's are portrayed and how spot on the feelings are with the time period and makes me wonder if my niece, Hannah would really get all the nuances of detail that made up being a child of the 80's if she were to read it.

It is one of those times that I would have to agree with the very brief description on the back of the book.  This is certainly a "a heartwarming story of friendship and demonic possession" and I would recommend it to anyone that enjoy reading Young Adult novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment