Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Winning at Marriage

My anniversary is coming up and I was trying to figure out what to get my husband to celebrate. Looking for inspiration,  I went to the almighty Hallmark website, to see what was the appropriate gift to mark the numerical year of my anniversary.  I was horrified.

This is what Hallmark had to say.  
Anniversary
Traditional
Modern
1st
Clocks
2nd
China
3rd
Crystal/Glass
4th
Appliances
5th
Silverware
6th
Candy/Iron
Wood
7th
Wool/Copper
Desk Sets
8th
Pottery/Bronze
Linens/Lace
9th
Willow/Pottery
Leather
10th
Diamond Jewelry
11th
Fashion Jewelry
12th
Silk/Linen
Pearls
13th
Textile Furs
14th
Gold Jewelry
15th
Watches
20th
Platinum
25th
Silver
30th
Diamond
35th
Jade
40th
Ruby
45th
Sapphire
50th
Gold
60th
Diamond
* Historically, the traditional 14th anniversary gift was ivory, but endangered elephant populations make this an unethical choice.


I feel cheated that I missed leather.  There are some interesting things that I could have done will leather. Right now I am on Fruit/Flowers or better yet Appliances.  I am not entirely sure that, Honey I love you. Please enjoy this new oven and please don't cook me in it, is the way I want to go. 

I feel like this list had a lot left to be desired. It didn't inspire me, well maybe the leather did, but other than that it didn't give me much to work with. The idea of buying fruit or flowers or appliances doesn't stir the blood. I decided that I would make my own list.  

Anniversary 
1st-Tee Shirts   
2nd- Action figures/ Toys
3rd - Comics/ Books
4th-Movies/Theater/Entertainment
5th- Games
6th- Beverages/ Alcohol
7th- Amusement Park/Fairs/ Concerts
8th- Kitchen Gadgets
9th- Food
10th- Electronics/ Computer 
11th-Themed Conventions
12th- The Great Out Doors 
13th- Winery/ Beer tours
14th- Pajamas/ Costumes
15th- Themed Hotel Room
20th- Destination Trip (hello hobbits)
25th- Jewelry
30th-Museums
35th- Leather/ Weaponry
40th-Art
45th- Mythical Creature
50th- Vow renewal - Themed
55th First edition
60th-Trophy

That's right, for my 60th anniversary, my husband and I should get a trophy for winning at marriage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment