Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Gettysburg Paranormal Investigation

 Curiosity is a really strong motivator.  I don't know if I really believe in ghosts, or if I just want to believe in ghosts, because I like to think that parts of us will always linger even when we are gone. Gettysburg is full of ghosts. Armed with my curiosity and one of my best friends, I was ready to partake upon a non refundable paranormal investigation.

The Farnsworth House is a notorious haunted establishment in a town rich with history. They have a tavern that is tucked in the back of the establishment that is charming in atmosphere. The service left something to be desired, but the bangers and mash was spot on. It was in that tavern that GAT and I decided that we would take up a tour and see what a Paranormal Investigation  had to offer. There was a good probability that it was going to offer us nothing but a brisk walk on a cold night with bit of history thrown in there for a good show.

With the late meal and mellowed by a overly dramatic civil war named cocktail, GAT and I were ready to partake on a paranormal investigation. Surprisingly The Investigation came fully stocked with supplies. We had dowsing rods, thermal gun, voice recorder, EMF reader,night vision goggles and a mag light in our supply bags. I had brought my cell phone with me, that had video and audio recording capabilities and a some what descent camera function.  Before long we found ourselves in the middle of a field with Jim, our trusty guide listening to him talk about the 9th Louisiana Infantry and how the field we were standing in was once a mass grave.

I am a firm believer that if you over focus on something, nothing is ever going to happen. Which is why I found myself in the middle of field with my best friend, trying to figure out the lyrics to the melody that was stuck in my head, than trying to chat up a one sided conversation with a spirit. I was once told that if you sing the song that is stuck in your head, it will unstuck, but you have to sing all the words.  I didn't know all the words. Just the same stanza would repeat over and over again and most likely because I wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing my EMF reader would occasionally go a little blink happy.

With a couple of mag lights set up and a the EMF reader, GAT and I began a long conversation with a spirit or two. Through a series of questions, we discovered that the spirit was a man that had a wife twenty years younger than him, and had seven children with four of them being boys and wore glasses and had horses back home.  I don't know how much of what happened was real and how much we piece worked together through the various questions we asked.   It was certainly worth the time and I will probably go back with my girlfriends and do this again, just to see if I get the same results or different results.  Sometimes the best nights are the ones that give your more questions than answers. At the end of the night I am probably more Scully, wanting to believe, than Mulder who blindly believes.

No comments:

Post a Comment