Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Trouble in Tea

I am not an expert at reading tea leaves. I probably have about has much training as any person that has read Harry Potter.  There isn't a class local to learn Tasseography and the local tea houses don't really get into it.  I am mediocre at empathy, which mean divination is probably not my strong suit.  I can look into a cup of tea and see something, that is probably based on my mood more than anything. Someone else can looking into my cup of tea and see some thing else in those leaves.


Tree or Severed Head?
 After  particularly long day at work, I glanced down into my cup looking for perhaps a little bit of sanity mixed into remaining drops of delicious caffeinated refreshment, and I saw a skull staring back at me.  I was not sure if it was a sign for me to to call it a day or perhaps a mental projection as to what would happen if my phone rang one more time. I snapped a picture and decided to call it a day. When I got home, I posted the picture up on Facebook and asked people what they saw. Surprisingly enough most people saw a tree. And when I mentioned that I saw a head/skull, they could suddenly see it too. Which to me means, they obviously don't have murdering running through their veins unless provoked. For a little bit of help on possible meanings, I turned to ReadingTeaLeaves.Info for a little guidance. After all, the internet wouldn't lie to me. 
Whale?

The little experiment made me wonder, if perhaps I only have severed heads on my mind when my own head feels like it is going to explode.  I though that I would try taking picture of my tea every day for a week and see if there was trend, or if my tea was as unique as the day itself. 

Monday: I look at this and all I think of is a whale. Most particularly the Bubbie from The Marvelous Misadventures of FlapJack. I wasn't sure what I whale was supposed to mean, other than I should probably watch more cartoons, or if I was going to be eaten by a whale later in life. I decided to look it up.  WhaleA prediction of personal danger which may be averted if you are cautious. I think that it is a lousy prediction for the week. 


Howl For Me!
Tuesday: I think that the tea leaves are messing with me. The first thing I saw was a wolf or dog howling. Looking up didn't give me any warm and fuzzies. Wolf: beware of jealous intrigues. Beware of an avaricious and hard-hearted neighbor or friend. Not a real positive after the previous days whale and the possible warning of personal danger that I could avoid if I was cautious.  


Sushi Anyone?
Wednesday: This was a hard cup of tea. There was not a lot to me to see, and frankly it was a little bit of a stretch to see it to begin with, sort of like the constellations. I saw a bear eating a salmon. Bear:  a long period of travel. Fish: good news from abroad; if surrounded by dots, emigration.  I want to think that this a positive, but the whole eating thing has me worried. I seems that I am destined to travel or get good news from distant places, but it gets devoured?


Face in the leaves
Thursday: I see a cheeky face person with a bunch of ravens flying.  I am pretty sure that I have no talent for Tasseography. Everything I see tends to look bleak, and I never really thought of myself as a dressing person. Raven: this bird is an omen of gloom and despondency, disappointment in love, separation, failure in work; it is also a symbol of death for the aged. Death for the aged; disappointment in love, divorce, failure in business, and trouble generally. Face didn't really give me a lot to go on and said that it goes with what ever sign is presented with it. Lucky me there I drew the face of death. Perhaps I should lay off reading so much fiction before bed, it is clearly addling my brain. 
What sharp teeth you have!

Friday: I surrender. I see a tea pot, and a monster with sharp teeth. I decided that I didn't even want to look it up to see what it mean. I think that my cup of tea has made a point. I should spend more time just drinking the tea or else I will be looking for monsters at every leap and turn.  I can guarantee that if you looked at these cups, that there is a good possibility that you won't see what I saw, or perhaps see something even more.  For those that do have aptitude in this arena, tell me the truth. Are my tea leaves leaving me a death threat? 

No comments:

Post a Comment