Search This Blog

Saturday, October 26, 2013

My Life in Books- Thus Far

I think that is fairly self evident that I have a love of books. In last years NaNoWriMo I wrote about how different books influenced my life. Some of these books influenced me by the contents held with with, and others by the circumstances to which they came into might life or triggered in my life.  As we draw closer and closer to the magical creative time of NaNoWriMo, I reflect on what I accomplished last year and what I learned about my self and on my writing.  

In the up an coming weeks I am going to share with you some of the books that made a difference to me in this adventure with a pulse. I am going to go back and look at last years NaNo for the first time in a year and contemplate my work and hopefully edit it and move forwards.  Below is a list of books that were mentioned in what I call "My Life in Books". As I go though this editing and rehashing adventure, and clean up some of the grammar mistakes that I don't want to admit that I ever made; I will share some of the my best and worst moments with some of the books on the list.  I encourage you to think about what books may have shaped you as a person. 


2012- My Life in Books list
  1. Diary of Anne Frank by Anne Frank
  2. I, Robot by Isaac Asimov
  3. Oedipus by Sophocles
  4. Animalia By Graham Base
  5. Where’s Waldo by Martin Handford
  6. Berenstain Bears By Jan and Stan Berenstain
  7. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett
  8. Nanny Ogg’s Cookbook: A Useful and Improving Almanac of Information Including Astonishing Recipes from Terry Pratchett’s Discworld
  9. Breakfast at TIffany’s by Truman Capote
  10. A Treasure of Modern Fantasy edited by Terry Carr and Martin Harry Greenberg
  11. Glory Lane by Alan Dean Foster
  12. Quozl by Alan Dean Foster
  13. Dragons of a Fallen Sun by Margaret Weis
  14. The Years Best of Fantasy and Horror Anthology 
  15. Hitchhiker Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  16. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
  17. Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyers
  18. Brisngr by Christopher Paolini
  19. Growing Up Girl by Anne Greenawalt
  20. Merchant Princes Series by Charles Stross
  21. Summon the Keeper by Tanya Huff
  22. American Gods by Neil Gaiman
  23. Moss Gown by William H. Hooks
  24. Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
  25. Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho
  26. Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare
  27. Othello by William Shakespeare
  28. Hamlet by William Shakespeare
  29. Macbeth by William Shakespeare
  30. Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
  31. Small Gods by Terry Pratchett
  32. The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett
  33. Joy of Sex
  34. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
  35. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austin and Seth Grahmen Smith
  36. Wolfman by Jonathan Mayberry
  37. Book of Mormon by Joseph Smith
  38. Betty Crocker Cookbook
  39. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
  40. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
  41. Songs of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce 
  42. Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
  43. The Giver by Lois Lowry
  44. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
  45. Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
  46. The Other Side of Midnight by Sidney Sheldon
  47. Much Ado About Nothing by William Shakespeare
  48. What Color is Your Parachute by Richard N Bolles
  49. To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
  50. Calvin & Hobbes by Bill Watterson
  51. Pippie Longstockings by Astrid Lindgren
  52. My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
  53. Ride the Wind by Lucia St. Clair Robson
  54. The Grass is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank by Erma Bombeck
  55. Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgress
  56. Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett
  57. Girl Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
  58. Alice in Wonderland by C.S.Lewis
  59. Borley Rectory: Most Haunted Haunted House in England by Harry Price
  60. Girl Genius by Phil Foglio
  61. Intercourses by Martha Hopkins
  62. 101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles by Toni Patrick
  63. The DIY Bride: 40 Fun Projects for your Ultimate One of a Kind Wedding by Khris Cochran
  64. The DIY Bride Crafty Countdown: 40 Fabulous Projects to Make in the Months, Weeks & Hours before Your Special Day by Khris Cochran
  65. The DIY Bride An Affair to Remember: 40 Fantastic Projects to Celebrate Your Unique Wedding Style by Khris Cochran
  66. Beauty: A Retelling by Robin McKinley
  67. Phantom  by Susan Kay
  68. Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
  69. Catfantastic, Nine lives and Fifteen Tales Edited by Martin H. Greenberg
  70. Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats by T.S. Eliot
  71. Cat Who Series by Lillian Jackson Braun
  72. Encyclopedia of the Cat by Angela Sayer
  73. Chicks N Chained Males edited by Esther Freiser
  74. Writers Block
  75. Aesop’s Fabels
  76. Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
  77. The Essential Bartender Guide by Robert Hess
  78. Dungeons & Dragons Player’s Handbook by Rob Heinson
  79. Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
  80. Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery
  81. Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris
  82. Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
  83. Dune by Frank Herbert
  84. Catch 22  by Joseph Heller
  85. The Hobbit by J. R.R. Tolkien
(Don't worry, I am not going to blog about every single one of these books. I could, but I won't. But good luck guessing which ones I am going to talk about first.)

No comments:

Post a Comment